La Luz 1 Song "EP" Out Now!

Moments to remember...
RaY RaY
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 10

Jodybrock wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 am I have just listened to the song, my boyfriend works in music and got a preview so he played it for me. I forget the name because it was quite wordy but it's stunning, I don't speak Spanish so can't really say what the subject matter is lol (super helpful) but it's very soft, vocal moments that remind me of the whispers from save me from myself, it's quite long I'd say close to 5 minutes, no features in the version I heard but not to say that won't come later, it takes surprising turns at the end with the guitar picking up the pace. I also heard a La Luz intro which was spoken and sounded a lot like a Spanish liberation intro, some vocal highs in the song itself but mostly giving a passionate performance similar to La Reina in it's harder points. I loved I think you will too.
Which is better, the new song or Somos Basura? This will let me know how this song is.
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 14

Jodybrock wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:19 am I have just listened to the song, my boyfriend works in music and got a preview so he played it for me. I forget the name because it was quite wordy but it's stunning, I don't speak Spanish so can't really say what the subject matter is lol (super helpful) but it's very soft, vocal moments that remind me of the whispers from save me from myself, it's quite long I'd say close to 5 minutes, no features in the version I heard but not to say that won't come later, it takes surprising turns at the end with the guitar picking up the pace. I also heard a La Luz intro which was spoken and sounded a lot like a Spanish liberation intro, some vocal highs in the song itself but mostly giving a passionate performance similar to La Reina in it's harder points. I loved I think you will too.
Make sure @AccessXtina doesn’t read this :shook:

Edit. The stupid me tagged him though :shook:
Last edited by janvinron on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 55

when will Spotify
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

since it was easy for your BF to get a preview, can you ask him for more details (e.g. release date, tracklisting)

Thanks!
Jodybrock
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 5

September 29th ;)
Jodybrock
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

I personally prefer this new one, it's also structurally much more interesting and unpredictable and less obvious with it's production, vocal direction etc. I have only heard it once but it felt legit and even if it didn't hit the charts hard (whichI wouldn't be surprised if it didn't) I wouldn't be mad.

RaY RaY wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:44 am
Which is better, the new song or Somos Basura? This will let me know how this song is.
saintX_stripped
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 39

Thanks for the info :cupid: hope she release more than 6 song :fingerscrossed:
saintX_stripped
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter

People on twitter are saying this is the longest EP out of the 3

:permaban: :shook: :permaban:
Yummy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Do you think it's a hit material?
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 24

These tracks with unusual / unexpected elements are really where her artistry shines through. I hope this is what she decides to highlight as the single. If she's not going to chase hits, I would much prefer that she release the art. ❤️
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 18

I'm glad she has a song like this. We needed one for sure.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

Don't be a yonka. Be better.
Jodybrock
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

It's so hard to tell what "hit material" is for X it just always seems to depend on the time it's released from FTM to SS it's luck of the draw. The song that I heard was artistically interesting and not obvious which works for some but not for others so I don't know. I hope so. Either way I have a good feeling about the organicness of this EP based on the intro and that song

I'm 99% sure that would be the single, I don't know why else it would be sent onto streaming services to preview along with EP intro but theres stil la chance they lead with something else first. Who knows with her team/last minute changes. We will see sep 29th what happens
Yummy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:59 am
Do you think it's a hit material?
genie
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 9

saintX_stripped wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:37 am People on twitter are saying this is the longest EP out of the 3

I thought Jay Z and his secret demoniac society wanted the 3 EPs to have 6 tracks each. :shook:
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

saintX_stripped wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:37 am People on twitter are saying this is the longest EP out of the 3

how do they know? :loco:
ClairBoyant
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

The description made me think of this lol

Jamert
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 15

Maybe they release the ballad and Intro this week because she is going to perform that material at the Latin Billboard and they release the full EP in a couple of weeks with another single?

It's interesting that there's an intro. I guess in the album as a whole it'd become an interlude after Te Deseo Lo Mejor
unbridled
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 21

Jamert wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:49 am Maybe they release the ballad and Intro this week because she is going to perform that material at the Latin Billboard and they release the full EP in a couple of weeks with another single?

It's interesting that there's an intro. I guess in the album as a whole it'd become an interlude after Te Deseo Lo Mejor

I hope not, i hope its all out by friday
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Hocus Pocus wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:46 am

how do they know? :loco:
It always leaked ahead of time and the twitter people had the stuff.
Jodybrock
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

As much as I would love this for her it it wasn't like this. It's still very Christina and in keeping with her Spanish stuff, it's mostly guitar based. It's like La Reina meets save me from myself if I had to summarise from the one listen lol
ClairBoyant wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:47 am
The description made me think of this lol

Emma
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 2

Jodybrock wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:16 am September 29th ;)
Yassss when my boyfriend comes home ❤️
Yeah, baby, there's a feeling in me
So sexy, sour and sweet
And you'll be loving it

:lips:
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 18

genie wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:38 am

I thought Jay Z and his secret demoniac society wanted the 3 EPs to have 6 tracks each. :shook:
They care more about money than they do about that illuminash!t.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

Don't be a yonka. Be better.
Fighter2.0
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 2

genie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:17 am
Franzjoseph wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:01 am
genie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:37 am I think she finally concretized her desire to sing in the hills like Julie Andrews in The sound of music, in the next music video.

You gotta remember she fell in love with the sound of music as a means to escape her chaotic home life.

She has said many times she used to belt out those songs to drown out the sounds of her parents fighting. So a sound of music nod in the ballad about her father would make sense if that is indeed what this is.
Great point! :lightbulb:
if the new shots are any indiciation...storywise, i would think that she indeed was successfully murdered in "Sueltame" and we will see her going into the light and enjoying after life in her purest form (and blonde), that version of her before she became that badass / sinful maffia boss bitch that commited crimes and had people killed. I would assume she will also run into her former love interest there (let's see if he looks different, too).
Xtopher
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 6

La Reina meets save me from myself sounds fuckin heavenly. I can't. I'm so excited.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 23

Probably the same amount of songs but this one being longer makes the ep longer too
SweetSurrender
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 3

I’ve gotta say La Reina meets SMFM sounds amazing. I’m 100% here for that.
Met X 14/11/19 in Birmingham, UK.
saintX_stripped
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter

pato wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:31 am

Probably the same amount of songs but this one being longer makes the ep longer too
Lots of people say in twitter its a 8 track EP but its not reliable for sure
Jagger
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 6

she should post some kind of preview today no? as she has for every song/video this era.
George
VIP '21
VIP '21

Fighter2.0 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:50 am
genie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:17 am
Franzjoseph wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:01 am

You gotta remember she fell in love with the sound of music as a means to escape her chaotic home life.

She has said many times she used to belt out those songs to drown out the sounds of her parents fighting. So a sound of music nod in the ballad about her father would make sense if that is indeed what this is.
Great point! :lightbulb:
if the new shots are any indiciation...storywise, i would think that she indeed was successfully murdered in "Sueltame" and we will see her going into the light and enjoying after life in her purest form (and blonde), that version of her before she became that badass / sinful maffia boss bitch that commited crimes and had people killed. I would assume she will also run into her former love interest there (let's see if he looks different, too).
Hoping they will abandon that dastardly storyline with the cliffhanger. We don’t need any closure on that narrative, Christy.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 23

Just to mention it. I uploaded Lloras Por Nada on YouTube and youtube deleted it because of copyright and i dont know what else. I checked and there's no video on YouTube with the song (there were a few). I dont know if this means something but it could
ClairBoyant
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

I want this EP so badly! Can't wait to complete my AGUILERA playlist.