SanelyInsane
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 21

Atrapadobaby wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:37 pm
SanelyInsane wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:21 pm
LaurelHeights wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:42 pm

This is true, plus gen z rule the streaming aspect of charting :/

People know of her talent but she’s been gone way too long and not active so not many people are checking for her.
She has no one to blame but herself. It would’ve been a different thing if she actually had been trying all these years but she hasn’t. She literally stopped promoting her music after B2B and has just done the bare minimum.

One of the reasons why Beyonce, P!nk, and JT (from that generation) are still relevant is because they continuously put in the work.

But let’s hope she has been re-inspired to promote her music again.
Beyonce is the best example here and is just an anomaly of an artist. I’d rather never hear from Christina again than have the equivalent of what JT and P!nk have released over the last 10 years.
No one said anything about their music but ok.
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 35

I am grateful that Christina was able to have multiple successful eras. That she has had plenty of well deserved recognition. And that her catalogue is, for the most part, EPIC!

Not every act manages to be the biggest singer for an entire year twice (Billboard 2000 and 2003). Not every act manages to have multiple Hot 100 hits that became WW hits. Not every act has been successful in two different languages. Not every act has been able to make a comeback as big as she did with MLJ, FTM, and SS. Not every singer manages to remain the best singer out there 22+ years after their debut. Not every act manages to deliver her best third studio album after nearly 20 years into their careers (i.e., Liberation). The list goes on and on.

If anything, I think that everything after Liberation has been a cherry on top.

After 20 years, I am one happy stan who wishes nothing for her but the very best. I hope she has fun and enjoys what she does. She's earned it. She's the best singer ever. She's iconic, legendary, ridiculously talented, and simply the best that the US of A has ever delivered in terms of female music.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 26

Areliugaanitsirhc wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:16 pm I really hope she doesn't do Latin Grammys. They mean NOTHING. Univision is such a bullshit company.
Any promo is good promo. Latin Grammys won't hurt.
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 39

SanelyInsane wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:37 pm

She has no one to blame but herself. It would’ve been a different thing if she actually had been trying all these years but she hasn’t. She literally stopped promoting her music after B2B and has just done the bare minimum.

One of the reasons why Beyonce, P!nk, and JT (from that generation) are still relevant is because they continuously put in the work.

Beyonce is the best example here and is just an anomaly of an artist. I’d rather never hear from Christina again than have the equivalent of what JT and P!nk have released over the last 10 years.
Part of the reason they are consistent is that they are risk-averse. Justin has worked with the same collaborators to diminishing creative returns for his entire solo career. P!nk makes mediocre mom rock and essentially does the same thing every 1.5 years. I’m not saying Christina has only released great albums, but every album is a nee undertaking and creative process for her. She could have gone on autopilot for a decade, but I think Lotus is an example of her just releasing for the sake of releasing…and that was not good.
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

It’s clear Christina prioritized her own mental health and well-being over a certain level of success. I can’t fault her for that. I’m sure she’s at peace with it.
LaurelHeights
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 29

DevotionHURTS wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:28 pm

People know of her talent but she’s been gone way too long and not active so not many people are checking for her.

You guys act as if those three were the biggest stars ever.

Neither Yonks, Pink, or JT are that big outside of the US.

The last time I ever heard JT outside of this forum was when he did the Happy ripoff.

Pink was kind of popular when she copied Beautiful.

Yonks hasn't been popular since her Single Ladies days.

EDIT: I honestly would have forgotten about Yonks or Pink's existence if it weren't for this forum. Sorry not sorry. They are not that important in the musical landscape outside of the US.
You’re full of shit if you think Beyoncé isn’t a big star . Lmao hating ass . You don’t have to like her to know that.
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

The last time I ever heard JT outside of this forum was when he did the Happy ripoff.

Pink was kind of popular when she copied Beautiful.

Yonks hasn't been popular since her Single Ladies days.

EDIT: I honestly would have forgotten about Yonks or Pink's existence if it weren't for this forum. Sorry not sorry. They are not that important in the musical landscape outside of the US.
How dare you speak for Australia like that.
Isn’t P!nk only second to Kylie in popularity there?
LaurelHeights
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

Atrapadobaby wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:58 pm It’s clear Christina prioritized her own mental health and well-being over a certain level of success. I can’t fault her for that. I’m sure she’s at peace with it.
Drive isn’t there since divorce with Jordan Bratman . Her artistry , her visuals , her musicality took a dip. Out of her contemporaries she’s the most creative but hard work beats talent ( Beyoncé is the hard work, talent is Xtina) . It’s like the divorced drained her . We as fans love her but we can only promote her so much . “you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink”
Last edited by LaurelHeights on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 25

Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

LaurelHeights wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:02 pm
Atrapadobaby wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:58 pm It’s clear Christina prioritized her own mental health and well-being over a certain level of success. I can’t fault her for that. I’m sure she’s at peace with it.
Drive isn’t there since divorce with Jordan Bratman . Her artistry , her visuals , her musicality took a dip. Out of her contemporaries she’s the most creative but hard work beats talent ( Beyoncé is the hard work, talent is Xtina) . It’s like the divorced drained her .
She was taking her long breaks before she even met Jordan. That said, I think the Jordan divorce narrative is a bit too narrow. I think the divorce, paired with the aggressive campaign against Bionic, and the initial poor reception of Burlesque probably made her say screw it.

She was working really really hard during that period between the movie/soundtrack and album, losing all that weight from dance rehearsals felt very debutina getting her workouts in from being onstage. It probably sucked to out in all of that energy for three projects and have the response be a series of c*nty posts from Perez Hilton.

We don’t need to diminish Bey to explain Xtina. Also, Bey is a Virgo, we are driven by anxiety to succeed. Sags are just not like that. Beyonce is a talented singer and performer, Christina acknowledges that. She also has a great team around her for quality control.

I think Christina is starting to catch up with quality control, so I’m excited about this new era. Nobody is gonna let her go out in those synthetic wigs from “The Voice.”
Last edited by Atrapadobaby on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SanelyInsane
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 21

Atrapadobaby wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:56 pm

Part of the reason they are consistent is that they are risk-averse. Justin has worked with the same collaborators to diminishing creative returns for his entire solo career. P!nk makes mediocre mom rock and essentially does the same thing every 1.5 years. I’m not saying Christina has only released great albums, but every album is a nee undertaking and creative process for her. She could have gone on autopilot for a decade, but I think Lotus is an example of her just releasing for the sake of releasing…and that was not good.
Again, the music is not the point of my comment.
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

SanelyInsane wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:17 pm

What is the work Justin is putting in?
LaurelHeights
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

Atrapadobaby wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:12 pm
Drive isn’t there since divorce with Jordan Bratman . Her artistry , her visuals , her musicality took a dip. Out of her contemporaries she’s the most creative but hard work beats talent ( Beyoncé is the hard work, talent is Xtina) . It’s like the divorced drained her .
She was taking her long breaks before she even met Jordan. That said, I think the Jordan divorce narrative is a bit too narrow. I think the divorce, paired with the aggressive campaign against Bionic, and the initial poor reception of Burlesque probably made her say screw it.

She was working really really hard during that period between the movie/soundtrack and album, losing all that weight from dance rehearsals felt very debutina getting her workouts in from being onstage. It probably sucked to out in all of that energy for three projects and have the response be a series of c*nty posts from Perez Hilton.

We don’t need to diminish Bey to explain Xtina. Also, Bey is a Virgo, we are driven by anxiety to succeed. Sags are just not like that. Beyonce is a talented singer and performer, Christina acknowledges that. She also has a great team around her for quality control.

I think Christina is starting to catch up with quality control, so I’m excited about this new era. Nobody is gonna let her go out in those synthetic wigs from “The Voice.”
Her team is tired and outdated . Even her merch looks like 9th graders graphic design projects in high school . We’ll see about roc nation or if she’ll listen to them though .
LaurelHeights
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

Some of these stans are up her ass and it’s not helping her lol. It’s giving Mariah Carey delusional fans tea
LaurelHeights
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

You talking about the same woman who looked at her team dead in the eyes making a toast about not dropping the ball and keep it going then disappeared after that? Child...
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 20

Areliugaanitsirhc wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:16 pm I really hope she doesn't do Latin Grammys. They mean NOTHING. Univision is such a bullshit company.
yeah fuck Latin Grammys
I hope she does the promo at Wendy Show that keeps on pushing their season premiere back
or on her backyard
Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
Solidlink
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 7

Latin Grammys are a hit show according to this, "21st annual Latin GRAMMY® Awards, The Biggest Night in Latin Music®, delighted audiences over the air and across social, as this year’s show reached 5.7 million Total Viewers 2+ and delivered all-new high-water marks on social with 11.8 million total interactions, up +41 percent versus last year and nearly three-times more than 2018. The much buzzed about show which featured international performances made Univision the most-social television network – broadcast and cable – receiving more total interactions than the remaining top five networks combined in ESPN, The CW, ABC and FOX, and is the most-social Spanish-language telecast year-to-date."

We need all the promo... Especially because I have never heard of these artists she's collaborating with...(besides the rumored collabs with Becky G and Shakira)

https://corporate.univision.com/blog/20 ... viewers-2/
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 4

I am a bit out of the loop on the whole Latin Grammys/Univision situation. What happened?
LaurelHeights
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

I don’t know what the dislike of the Latin Grammy but she needs exposure and showing up will help her .
Norgito
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 33

Latin Grammys have like 6 million viewers 6x more than MTV awards.
NIGHTMARE©
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 51

Plain Loser wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:44 pm Guys, no tea no shade but literally the ONLY people talking about Xtina's Spanish record(s) are Xtina's stans. Her chances at success with this are probably the same as they would have been, leak or no leak.
I wasn’t going to say anything but THIS.

I like these two songs and I am excited for this new music. However, those of you obsessed with charts need to lower your expectations. I do not think these two songs will be groundbreaking. In MY opinion.

They sound dated. The beats and production sound dated and the lyrics are not good. Those of you saying these will smash and the lyrics sound like standard reggaeton lyrics do not listen to reggaeton of today. Yes there’s a lot of stupid shit out there that’s just meant to have you shaking your ass at the club. But even the stupid shit is lyrically written and structured better. These lyrics sound like the songs were written in English and Xtina took them to Google Translate and sang what the website said.

I always wish her the best and if I’m wrong and she smashes, by all means drag me. But I just don’t see it with these two songs. But again, I’m excited and hope there’s deeper material on this EP.
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

LaurelHeights wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 pm

You talking about the same woman who looked at her team dead in the eyes making a toast about not dropping the ball and keep it going then disappeared after that? Child...
I said quality control. Meaning a more defined aesthetic and more cohesion in her musical output. Liberation was short, sweet, and cohesive with A-list producers. She has people who can dress her body in its curvier state.

These past few years are some of the most active she has been since B2B. She’s a 40 year-old popstar who has never produced as much as her peers. It is what it is at this point 🤷🏽‍♂️. It’s like people talking about her oversinging. Don’t expect anything to change at this point we are 20 years into her career. She’s a legacy act who has made her coins. I guess you can celebrate the things that do, but it’s naive to expect her to just be a different kind of artist.
106th
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 11

As far as ppl obsessed with chart positions and streaming/sales numbers...

I agree we shouldn't care about that with this era/these songs... this project is clearly a passion project for herself AND FOR FANS who have been begging her for a 2nd Spanish album for 20+ years lol

ALSO, it's in Spanish... and it's a music realm she's being RE-introduced to 20+ years later...

Did any of Selena Gomez's Spanish project singles chart high? And she's a way more current huge star (to young fans etc I mean)

Just enjoy the era as a fan -- this album/project is literally a gift from Xtina

AND we know an English project is probably not TOO far behind in a year or so (idk, assuming)
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 16

Wtf at all non sense being talked about here. We should be excited about new music. No one wants to read about your depressing family not knowing who Christina Aguilera is.
Lana Del Rey
106th
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 11

I know all stans do this, but I really wish for once we could just be excited as a fandom for the new era/new music we're on the verge of

we wait literally 4-6 years for THIS impeding moment with our girl... and FINALLY we know it's about to be here

and we're worried about charts and what the GP will think

I GET IT, but also... WHO CARES?! Shes 22+ years in and has more than proven herself ...she's just doing this for fun and the fans at this point
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

LaurelHeights wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:32 pm

Some of these stans are up her ass and it’s not helping her lol. It’s giving Mariah Carey delusional fans tea
What’s delusional is that you think fans complaining on a message board will have an impact on Christina’s work ethic. Like she’s gonna log on here tomorrow morning and say “Sh*t, P!nk has been putting in the work. Let me put in the work now!”
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

106th wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:20 pm I know all stans do this, but I really wish for once we could just be excited as a fandom for the new era/new music we're on the verge of

we wait literally 4-6 years for THIS impeding moment with our girl... and FINALLY we know it's about to be here

I GET IT, but also... WHO CARES?! Shes 22+ years in and has more than proven herself ...she's just doing this for fun and the fans at this point
This!
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 56

Bad_vocal_technique wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:16 pm Wtf at all non sense being talked about here. We should be excited about new music. No one wants to read about your depressing family not knowing who Christina Aguilera is.
Bitch we are 43 pages into this thread. We are
all excited! Skip the posts you don't wanna read cunt.
George
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 17

106th wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:20 pm I know all stans do this, but I really wish for once we could just be excited as a fandom for the new era/new music we're on the verge of

I agree. We have to let go of this idea that’s she’s always on the verge of a major career resurgence. I am confident at some point she will reignite the charts when we least expect it. But probably not right now.

Like @Kitana pointed out, Xtina is “off the grid” for the majority. I don’t see that changing anytime soon. We should enjoy the music!!!
Faithy
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 3

Agugaga wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:47 am So we are doing the early album routine “leaks” bit but the songs won’t be out for another month. This sounds like “Your Body” and “Fall In Line” all over again. Just saying. The songs won’t be coming for at least 3 weeks judging by this trajectory.
No sis, Irving Azoff was fired. Roc nation is not playing games! If we don't hear anything tonight I think next week looks promising.