[RUMOR] CA.com's new look! New songs Pa Mis Muchachas and Santo Santo

Moments to remember...
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 103

Thainus wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:36 am
Silence. wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:09 am I am wondering though, how is her pronunciation. I remember the Mi Reflejo fans always say her pronunciation is great
Uhhm... Her accent fluctuates, even within the same song. She's clearly imitating or following directions, probably by the song writers.

Sometimes she sounds neutral, sometimes Cuban, sometimes Puerto Rican... There are bits here and there where she completely mispronounces a word and it's kinda hard to understand what she says. I think "gorditos" was an example, it's like she gets stuck.

But it's not bad. She sounds exactly like what she is: a second generation latina that probably grew up around Spanish but lost it as she grew up in the states. I know it sounds like a very specific thing, but it's common and I'm sure my fellow Latinos will agree LOL
Yep. She has some issues but I think she got some help at the studio. I would offer myself for free to help her lol. Do you agree with the idea that she sounds Argentinian in Mi Reflejo?
lurk
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 5

Sooo when are these songs supposed to come out officially? Does anyone know a release date(s)?
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 14

pato wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:38 am
Silence. wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:09 am I am wondering though, how is her pronunciation. I remember the Mi Reflejo fans always say her pronunciation is great
Uhhm... Her accent fluctuates, even within the same song. She's clearly imitating or following directions, probably by the song writers.

Sometimes she sounds neutral, sometimes Cuban, sometimes Puerto Rican... There are bits here and there where she completely mispronounces a word and it's kinda hard to understand what she says. I think "gorditos" was an example, it's like she gets stuck.

But it's not bad. She sounds exactly like what she is: a second generation latina that probably grew up around Spanish but lost it as she grew up in the states. I know it sounds like a very specific thing, but it's common and I'm sure my fellow Latinos will agree LOL
Yep. She has some issues but I think she got some help at the studio. I would offer myself for free to help her lol. Do you agree with the idea that she sounds Argentinian in Mi Reflejo?
She's got some bits of Argentinian, around the "sh" sound. But in Mi Reflejo she sounds mostly Puerto Rican to me, because they do something similar with their yeismo. And she uses very Puerto Rican expressions, like "hoy quisiera echar atrás el tiempo".

Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti sounds exactly like someone from Argentina or Uruguay trying to do a neutral Spanish accent. I don't know what's going on there. She pronounces things like Natalia Oreiro, LOL
Janelle
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 6

I can’t find shit lmao
Fico
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 3

I just listened to Santo Santo...and it' so catchy! The beat and the "Santo salvame" won't stop in my head...Love it. I agree that Youtube for LATAM is massive, people like to play playlists in their homes with videos and choreographies as well, they usually use songs to dance and do some kind of areobic classes.
Last edited by Fico on Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xtripped
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 10

She needs to release both songs this friday, next friday will be too busy and 2 weeks from now will be too late.

I'm curious about the new image!! Where's the instagraman post gurrrl???
Desnudate
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 24

Uhhm... Her accent fluctuates, even within the same song. She's clearly imitating or following directions, probably by the song writers (mostly Caribbean, for sure).

Im agree, that's exactly how her accent sounds like.
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21

Desnudate wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:23 am
Her pronunciation is on point, however, it's pretty obvious she worked with Caribbean people, you can notice how she is avoiding "Ss" and changing "Rs" for "Ls" for example. Like in Santo, She said "loca loquita me tiene tu a mi" instead "tienes", or when she said "Ven prueba mueldeme" instead Muerdeme. But that's not bad. I mean if you are a Spanish Grammar Nazi you could hate It lol, but nothing to worry about.
The "muéldeme" part threw me off. At first I thought she was saying "envuélveme" and I was like wait no, that doesn't sound right, then I realized she was saying muérdeme.

I mean, nobody in Florida is going to have trouble understanding that part, that's for sure, LOL
Last edited by Thainus on Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Thainus wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:50 am
Her pronunciation is on point, however, it's pretty obvious she worked with Caribbean people, you can notice how she is avoiding "Ss" and changing "Rs" for "Ls" for example. Like in Santo, She said "loca loquita me tiene tu a mi" instead "tienes", or when she said "Ven prueba mueldeme" instead Muerdeme. But that's not bad. I mean if you are a Spanish Grammar Nazi you could hate It lol, but nothing to worry about.
The "muéldeme" part threw me off. At first I thought she was saying "envuélveme" and I was like wait no, that doesn't sound right, then I realized she was saying muérdeme.

I mean, nobody in Florida is going to have trouble understanding that part, that's for sure, LOL
Cuando estoy llorando
Mezclo mis lagrima', tequila y limon
Y me ... (I have no idea what she says lol)
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21

pato wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:52 am

Cuando estoy llorando
Y me levanto.

But it's like... LevaaaaaAAAaaaaaAAAantoooo
Desnudate
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

Cuando estoy llorando
Y me levanto!
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Thainus wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:54 am

Cuando estoy llorando
Y me levanto.

But it's like... LevaaaaaAAAaaaaaAAAantoooo
And in Santo I couldn't hear the "tu anatomia ya me la lei" but then with my heaphones it was super clear.
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 13

Also

Pa' mis Muchachas is very strong women, independent, I support myself, female power, I do whatever I want, my friends, my girls, not being afraid, with a shout out to mothers. And it's interesting that she's not hating on men. Can't hold us down, for example, has some shady lyrics towards men lmao.

Santo Salvame is very sexy dance, but it's not taky at all. Dancing, "perreando" is like twerking, biting lips, looking at/for a guy. I'm glad is not a Spanish version of WAP lmao
Desnudate
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

OMG me toooo I thought she was saying "envuelveme" but then I was like, idk but it doesn't feel like she is saying that. and then a repeat it again to listen carefully lmao.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 28

As a Spanish speaking native, I thought/noticed the same. It’s not bad as El Mejor Guerrero, but it’s not exactly as clear as I remember Mi reflejo songs
Janelle
VIP '21
VIP '21

Ok Santo literally salvame
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Both songs are FIRE 🔥
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 33

Janelle wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:45 am I can’t find shit lmao
Me either sis let’s just wait for the official release :love:
Brax
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 2

Hope y’all are having fun listening 🥲
Lament
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 17

Xben wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:55 am Also

Pa' mis Muchachas is very strong women, independent, I support myself, female power, I do whatever I want, my friends, my girls, not being afraid, with a shout out to mothers. And it's interesting that she's not hating on men. Can't hold us down, for example, has some shady lyrics towards men lmao.

Santo Salvame is very sexy dance, but it's not taky at all. Dancing, "perreando" is like twerking, biting lips, looking at/for a guy. I'm glad is not a Spanish version of WAP lmao
Is it coming from "perra"? Literally "b*tch", as in… "s*ut"? :fan:
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 26

Lament wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:04 am

Not really, perrear is just slang for dancing reggaeton, for both men and women.
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
George
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 17

the analysis of her pronunciation is probably why she waited 21 years before she felt comfortable to make another record :rip:

let a bitch breathe a bit. she never claimed to be fluent.
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21

Desnudate wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:48 am
Uhhm... Her accent fluctuates, even within the same song. She's clearly imitating or following directions, probably by the song writers (mostly Caribbean, for sure).

Im agree, that's exactly how her accent sounds like.
I totally agree. I am from Venezuela and I came to the US when I was already 37. My English is good -based on what people had told me- to the point some people think I learned English first or a long time ago. I think because I always was curious in learning English... Here in Florida it's very easy to tell when a Latin person learned one language first. I have Latin friends from Puerto Rico, for example, and their Spanish is terrible. Some don't even speak Spanish. Of course, they were born here or came when they were kids. I think with Christina, you can tell obviously that she's part of that case but her Spanish sounds so so so good. Even in Mi Reflejo songs, like 20 years ago when she was young. She has a very good base of Spanish.

What is happening with these songs/this project is that now sounds more Urban.
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 16

Her Spanish is on POINT!! Keep in mind that most of the urban lyrics are based on rhythm and sound with the mixes. She’s using a lot Boricua-Dominican-Cuban phonetic speaking in this 2 songs. I’m pretty sure the Bolero one will give a different approach.
josephpaul
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 4

Wish i could here. :(
Safito
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

I feel like everybody heard it but ne :cry:
XtinaStripped
Genie Freed
Genie Freed

I can't find them but urghhh why does her shit always leak. We're so close anyway!
Desnudate
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

George wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:08 am the analysis of her pronunciation is probably why she waited 21 years before she felt comfortable to make another record :rip:

let a bitch breathe a bit. she never claimed to be fluent.
I think the people who ask about her pronunciation aren't Spanish speakers but people (non Spanish speakers) who are curious and worried about it. Take it easy..
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21

Anitta wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:08 am
Lament wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:04 am

Not really, perrear is just slang for dancing reggaeton, for both men and women.
Both are right. Well, literally speaking, yes. The word comes from "perro/perra" which is dog female and male. It was use to referred to men meaning womanizer, seducer, skirt-chaser, etc. And for women, slut, bitch, whore, etc.

But the word "Perreando" is more like the movement of the dog having sex, lmao. So it's more like a Dirty Dancing. It is used now to referred to "Dancing reggeaton".
NIGHTMARE©
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 51

To anyone still looking for the songs, I wish you the best of luck but PLEASE stop PMing me asking for them. I don’t have a link to share with you.