23rd Annual Latin Grammys (17.11.2022) | AGUILERA WON Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album

Moments to remember...
Joss
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 3

How lazy with some people in this forum, really. Right now we should be happy for the Grammy that Xtina received, instead tcomplain if she didn't have #1, if the album isn't on the charts, if the promotion, blah, blah... wake up... Xtina is not a teenage Pop Princess anymore. The era of "commercial successes" is over long time ago. Enjoy the music that she offers us without expecting number ones or big promotion campaigns. Grow up!
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 14

Joss wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:49 pm How lazy with some people in this forum, really. Right now we should be happy for the Grammy that Xtina received, instead tcomplain if she didn't have #1, if the album isn't on the charts, if the promotion, blah, blah... wake up... Xtina is not a teenage Pop Princess anymore. The era of "commercial successes" is over long time ago. Enjoy the music that she offers us without expecting number ones or big promotion campaigns. Grow up!
Que weba indeed.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 48

Etienne is really the unsung hero. I can bet him and Gilbert were some of the people really encouraging her to make another Spanish album.

ringthealarm
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 7

Joss wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:49 pm How lazy with some people in this forum, really. Right now we should be happy for the Grammy that Xtina received, instead tcomplain if she didn't have #1, if the album isn't on the charts, if the promotion, blah, blah... wake up... Xtina is not a teenage Pop Princess anymore. The era of "commercial successes" is over long time ago. Enjoy the music that she offers us without expecting number ones or big promotion campaigns. Grow up!
This is a stupid take. Obviously everyone's overjoyed with the Grammy recognition but it is also obvious that the label had big expectations for the project, with all the heavy hitting A-list collaborations. It underperformed, commercially, and fans are allowed to feel what they feel.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 48

ringthealarm wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:00 pm
This is a stupid take. Obviously everyone's overjoyed with the Grammy recognition but it is also obvious that the label had big expectations for the project, with all the heavy hitting A-list collaborations. It underperformed, commercially, and fans are allowed to feel what they feel.
How did it underperform when she barely promoted it? Had she been busting her ass promo-wise and she pulled the same numbers then it would have underperformed. She’s 24 years into her career and been inactive from the Latin market besides a side project here and there. She can get A list collaborations because she’s a legend. She also relied on streams only which clearly she was not doing well with prior to this album.
Lotus
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 28

She won a fucking Grammy again! can't we just celebrate this and appreciate it.
ringthealarm
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop

NewAgenda wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:08 pm
ringthealarm wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:00 pm
How did it underperform when she barely promoted it? Had she been busting her ass promo-wise and she pulled the same numbers then it would have underperformed. She’s 24 years into her career and been inactive from the Latin market besides a side project here and there. She can get A list collaborations because she’s a legend. She also relied on streams only which clearly she was not doing well with prior to this album.
Traditional promo doesn't work. JLo been on every tv radio internet gig imaginable promoting her music for the last decade and she hasn't had a hit since On the Floor in 2011.

Not saying I know what would have made Aguilera a success but the label obviously thought the route was collabs with current artists. They tried, and it failed (commercially).
ringthealarm
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop

On the other hand Provenza was one of the biggest hits of the year and Karol G didn't promote it at all. The only televised performance I could find is from Coachella and now the Latin Grammy. We need to stop ragging on Christina for "not promoting."
scorpion_bad
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 9

Beyoncé tampoco promociona su música y mírenla .... Dejen a xtina en paz. Al menos sigue siendo relevante. La invitan y la presentan en los premios más importantes de la música tanto latinos como anglo. Sigue ganando reconocimiento. Se viene un documental. Ella no está como Nelly furtado. Está viviendo muy bien de su trabajo en décadas.
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 26

It’s all about connecting with the masses if you want hit, they need to like you, you need to PAY!
Norgito
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

She is now the most Grammy awarded Vocal Legend
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 40

:rip:
Norgito wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:55 pm

Lol that tweet. We really ask to be dragged sometimes… :rip:
Lana Del Rey
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 19

dinvy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:50 pm @BYC !!!! @Monday Morning !!!! @BaeTine !!!! @George !!!!
xtina10
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 17

idk about uploading my video on moi YouTube channel anymore.
I recorded both her performance and acceptance speech in 4K
BUT I've noticed Sony is taking down audience videos on YouTube.

My YouTube channel is about to hit 10,000 followers.
I would be pissed if I got a copyright warning from Sony.
Kelly Clarkson flagged and gave my channel a warning when I uploaded her performance a few months ago.
STUPID HOE!
DFGHDSFJLDSJFLKDSFJ

Haven't been uploading all the concert videos ever since then.
KJSDBFKJDSHFDSJKFHSD
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 19

@xtina10 can you just put the bit with the c#5 climax on your insta or Twitter plz
ledif
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 6

xtina10 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:51 pm idk about uploading my video on moi YouTube channel anymore.

Kelly Clarkson flagged and gave my channel a warning when I uploaded her performance a few months ago.
STUPID HOE!

DFGHDSFJLDSJFLKDSFJ

KJSDBFKJDSHFDSJKFHSD
What a cunt, Fiona looking Shrek, she should’ve been grateful for the exposure.
XisGonGiveIt2U
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 32

Sad fact: you can add all their Grammy wins and Beyoncé still currently has more Grammys than all these Legends combined! 😢

And when was the last time Beyoncé moved you with just her voice?! Never!!! She needs those Grammy’s for validation!
Norgito
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

XisGonGiveIt2U wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:27 pm

Sad fact: you can add all their Grammy wins and Beyoncé still currently has more Grammys than all these Legends combined! 😢

And when was the last time Beyoncé moved you with just her voice?! Never!!! She needs those Grammy’s for validation!
Beyonce isn't a vocal legend. She is more of a visual artist than anything.
Chintheory
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 5

Still shocked Mariah only has 5.

But glad our girl is in the lead lol.
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 24

Norgito wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:50 pm

Beyonce isn't a vocal legend. She is more of a visual artist than anything.
This. Yonka isn't a singer. she's a performer.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
xtina10
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

dinvy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:27 pm @xtina10 can you just put the bit with the c#5 climax on your insta or Twitter plz
GUUURRRLLL WTF IS A C#5?!
CAN YOU POST A TIMESTAMP FROM A VIDEO AND I'LL GET DAT PART?
PUUURRRRRR
xtina10
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

ledif wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:17 pm
xtina10 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:51 pm idk about uploading my video on moi YouTube channel anymore.

STUPID HOE!

DFGHDSFJLDSJFLKDSFJ

KJSDBFKJDSHFDSJKFHSD
What a cunt, Fiona looking Shrek, she should’ve been grateful for the exposure.
EXACTLY!
BITCH MADE ME WANT TO FLIP A TABLE BUT THEN I REALIZED I WASN'T BEING FILMED FOR A REALITY SHOW OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO I JUST COMPLAINED ABOUT HER TO MY LOCAL PSYCHIC
SDKJLSAHDLKSAJDKLSADJSA
Sirius69
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 1

It's because her evil father was on the grammy committee for all those years and now 90% of her music is all hype. She makes good music but she doesn't write or produce any of it she just throws her name on it but you can't discredit the fact she can sing and dance better than 99% of the younger girls, she just doesn't deserve all the grammy awards.
Tomagaxtchi
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 16

BotchedBody1 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:12 pm
Tomagaxtchi wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:18 pm
BotchedBody1 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:00 pm

You make some valid points but for me, I think the frustration is that she actually sort of set herself up for a massive comeback with the quality music and visuals. The issue was the messy rollout of the second 2 EPs, the lack of key promo in the primary markets she was supposed to be engaging the most. My issue isn’t so much the random UK and festival tour- yes there was the Spain one that was cancelled at no fault of hers. Just another missed opportunity and we will always be left wondering “what if she had gone on some talk shows..what if she toured in Latin America to coincide with the album release (yeah I know she’s touring there in 2023 but the album has already seen its award season). There was good and bad with this era- like Mack said, for whatever reason she/her team can’t just give a 100% effort on a project/performance these days.
What do you think genuinely makes xtina happy though? Having #1’s? Having the highest grossing tour? Selling a million records? Or being happy with herself and her kids and family?…she is an artist. Her talent is what gave and continues to give her income. She loves the life she wants and raises her kid how she wants. She is in control. Sometimes happiness isn’t accomplished by having headlines. She thanks her fans every time she wins an award or is recognized for an achievement. She’s in her 40’s now do you really think she’s going to be pushing promo like she did in her debut years now that she has kids? She is recognized globally as a superstar; the great singer that she is. Some of us have learned to appreciate whatever projects she does, regardless if we are happy with the outcome or not. There have been so many “what ifs” in her career that it’s tiresome to even think of the next situations. Christina will never make all of us happy as we’d like but to pin point all her missed opportunities is ludicrous. Christina has this pattern that she will continue for the next x amount of years of her career. Just enjoy the gift that is Christina Maria Aguilera :piano: ❤️
She can do whatever she wants doesn’t really matter to me-not my life. I was just expanding on why some people are frustrated she doesn’t let her projects reach their full potential
Again…what do you think her “full potential” is??? Being at #1? Being the most successful tour? Most successful album? She’s been there and done that… She tells us she puts her heart into her album…in particular her last one…she won a Grammy for it…what do you think “tops” a Grammy to her??? She does what SHE wants to and as a ‘fan’ you continue to complain and dissect what she does, it’ll never make everyone happy. One day you might look at the glass half full rather than half empty. Cheers sis! ❤️
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 79

Tomagaxtchi wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:53 am
Tomagaxtchi wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:18 pm

What do you think genuinely makes xtina happy though? Having #1’s? Having the highest grossing tour? Selling a million records? Or being happy with herself and her kids and family?…she is an artist. Her talent is what gave and continues to give her income. She loves the life she wants and raises her kid how she wants. She is in control. Sometimes happiness isn’t accomplished by having headlines. She thanks her fans every time she wins an award or is recognized for an achievement. She’s in her 40’s now do you really think she’s going to be pushing promo like she did in her debut years now that she has kids? She is recognized globally as a superstar; the great singer that she is. Some of us have learned to appreciate whatever projects she does, regardless if we are happy with the outcome or not. There have been so many “what ifs” in her career that it’s tiresome to even think of the next situations. Christina will never make all of us happy as we’d like but to pin point all her missed opportunities is ludicrous. Christina has this pattern that she will continue for the next x amount of years of her career. Just enjoy the gift that is Christina Maria Aguilera :piano: ❤️
She can do whatever she wants doesn’t really matter to me-not my life. I was just expanding on why some people are frustrated she doesn’t let her projects reach their full potential
Again…what do you think her “full potential” is??? Being at #1? Being the most successful tour? Most successful album? She’s been there and done that… She tells us she puts her heart into her album…in particular her last one…she won a Grammy for it…what do you think “tops” a Grammy to her??? She does what SHE wants to and as a ‘fan’ you continue to complain and dissect what she does, it’ll never make everyone happy. One day you might look at the glass half full rather than half empty. Cheers sis! ❤️
You are exhausting.
Monday Morning
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 33

ringthealarm wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:22 pm On the other hand Provenza was one of the biggest hits of the year and Karol G didn't promote it at all. The only televised performance I could find is from Coachella and now the Latin Grammy. We need to stop ragging on Christina for "not promoting."
Promoting is irrelevant. Beyonce dropped an album overnight without any fanfare and it sold. Christina just needed superior management and positive press. The media creating feuds for her degraded her brand, and it's been unfair to her as a genuine artist. Nice to see she's passed that. But promotion isn't as critical as producing a genuinely inspired product and fostering a loyal fanbase. Word of mouth alone can do the rest.
Tomagaxtchi
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 16

BotchedBody1 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:37 am
Tomagaxtchi wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:53 am

You are exhausting.
“She can do whatever she wants doesn’t really matter to me-not my life. I was just expanding on why some people are frustrated she doesn’t let her projects reach their full potential”

It doesn’t matter to you but still feel the need to expand…

And I’m exhausting? Ok botchedbrain.
Monday Morning
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 33

What about this era hasn't involved Xtina allowing it to reach its full potential? Aguilera has been her best era in a decade...

I only fault Christina for one thing in her career - not releasing Bionic in September 2009, entirely with the material she originally intended, and prioritizing her music. It was catastrophic to her career to put the record on hold for an entire year when it was completely finished, only to release it at the height of Gaga's reign and cancel a long awaited tour in the process, to promote a corny movie instead. Granted, Burlesque has conferred a level of longevity for her, ironically. It was all so haphazard though, and her priority should have always been her main career as a recording artist.

It's a shame because she really worked hard, but came off as dissociated. Recording two albums (Burlesque OST and Bionic), shooting a movie, all after a GH record with 2 new songs and a performance while having a child, was all impressive. But instead, the timing of all of it compromised her for 12 years.
LeVirgo
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 10

A lot of people on here said she was going to smash with her new Latin music. They set her up to fail & now they’re salty af. Xtina is not a super popular artist anymore nor does she want to be. As soon as they start to realize that, they’ll be a lot happier around here.
_DC10_
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 4

Monday Morning wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:59 am What about this era hasn't involved Xtina allowing it to reach its full potential? Aguilera has been her best era in a decade...

I only fault Christina for one thing in her career - not releasing Bionic in September 2009, entirely with the material she originally intended, and prioritizing her music. It was catastrophic to her career to put the record on hold for an entire year when it was completely finished, only to release it at the height of Gaga's reign and cancel a long awaited tour in the process, to promote a corny movie instead. Granted, Burlesque has conferred a level of longevity for her, ironically. It was all so haphazard though, and her priority should have always been her main career as a recording artist.

It's a shame because she really worked hard, but came off as dissociated. Recording two albums (Burlesque OST and Bionic), shooting a movie, all after a GH record with 2 new songs and a performance while having a child, was all impressive. But instead, the timing of all of it compromised her for 12 years.
Christina is a lot of things but psychic is not one of them. She had no idea what was about to unfold in regards to Gaga/ Perez Hilton so not sure how that is her fault. Also, Burlesque was a great career move in retrospect. It is continuously played on streaming services and continues to introduce her prodigious talent to a whole new generation.