2nd EP: LA TORMENTA | *1st* Single: Suéltame ft. Tini | OUT NOW!

Moments to remember...
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 33

Melissa wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:45 pm Somos Nada is so beautiful, I don't get the hate.
It is but is missing an universal appeal, it’s a track record but not as a single material. It did zero impact.
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 37

X-mael wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:15 pm
Melissa wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:45 pm Somos Nada is so beautiful, I don't get the hate.
It is but is missing an universal appeal, it’s a track record but not as a single material. It did zero impact.
I was mad about how simple the production was but when I listen to it in the context of La Fuerza I get the vision and it truly is Beautiful, she sounds so vulnerable in it. I apologize for my hate on Somos Nada when it was released as a second single, I was just mad because I knew that spot should have been for Santo.
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 11

I think Somos Nada is my favorite song of the album
bionicDied4UrSins
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 14

the thing with Somos Nada is that it lacked any sort of a distinguishable melody. successful ballads are the ones you can sing along to.
it high-key reminds me of Gaga's Hold My Hand.
and that's why it's easily the worst track on this project. :womanshrug:
Angelopoulopoulous
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 2

I love all the songs but I am absolutely addicted to Sueltame and Te Deseo Lo Mejor

I hope she releases the video for Sueltame asap
Joss
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 1

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Christina's pronunciation on this EP is much better than on La Fuerza
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 29

bionicDied4UrSins wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:08 pm the thing with Somos Nada is that it lacked any sort of a distinguishable melody. successful ballads are the ones you can sing along to.
it high-key reminds me of Gaga's Hold My Hand.
and that's why it's easily the worst track on this project. :womanshrug:
I agree about the melody that's why SN was never supposed to be a hit, BUT the lyrics are very emotional in combination with Christina's powerful vocals... which is why it's a great ballad IMO.
therightman
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 1

VenusAsABoy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:02 pm I think Somos Nada is my favorite song of the album
Her vocals sound like they were recorded through a plastic pipe. I cannot listen to it.
BYC
VIP '21
VIP '21

This music is so good. I said it before and some of you got pressed but I mean it. If Christina just decides to keep recording spanish music, I would fully support it. I don’t speak the language but everything sounds so pleasing to me. Top notch vocals and production.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 35

BYC wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:47 am
This music is so good. I said it before and some of you got pressed but I mean it. If Christina just decides to keep recording spanish music, I would fully support it. I don’t speak the language but everything sounds so pleasing to me. Top notch vocals and production.
Ugh this is becoming my truth as well... It's just something about the way she sings in Spanish !! & The producers came to PRODUCE for a legend!
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 11

Joss wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:18 am I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Christina's pronunciation on this EP is much better than on La Fuerza
Her pronunciation already was pretty good, am told, so it must be quite on a level rn. :musicwoman: Am happy she evolves and hones her skills.
Lament
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 9

Is the video she shot for CMDLG the duet version or the solo version?
Yummy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 46

Where is Sueltame MV?
What's their plan?
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 33

Yummy wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:14 am Where is Sueltame MV?
What's their plan?
An organic Plan sis, when it feels right it will comes out.

Queen is enjoy painting now.
wanted
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 5

therightman wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:06 am
Her vocals sound like they were recorded through a plastic pipe. I cannot listen to it.
Do you regularly listen to music through a plastic pipe?
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 13

Lament wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:21 am Is the video she shot for CMDLG the duet version or the solo version?
It has to be the solo version because the video was shot in March and Nodal added his vocals to the song in April.
Gabrielxbionic
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 2

The 2nd video is suéltame
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 29

so she shot a mv for CMDLG and not Brujeria/Traguito?

anyways the website is still showing La Fuerza and Santo as new releases LOL
Areliugaanitsirhc
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 4

Somos Nada is exquisite 👌

Haters gonna hate. Have yall even considered that she simply loves the song? I hate LTBL but bitch includes it in 90% of her shows. Wasn't a single, horrible iPhone video but here we are, beach balls and all.
AintNoOtherMe!
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 17

I’m obsessed with Tormenta. The 1-2-3 punch with Sueltame, brujeria and torguoto :shook:
Mybrainhurts
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 3

I’m still obsessed with Brujeria. It’s become my fave song on the album… so flawless!
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 27

Can we get into the production?! It’s amazing and sleek with some nice bass. I love when songs are bass heavy. Her voice rides these beats so well.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 27

I wish Christina had done the EPs with Bionic as there’s multiple EPs on that and they would work better separately then consolidate for a vinyl. Experimental (Birds of Prey, Bobblehead, Bionic), Commercial (Woohoo, Glam, Not Myself Tonight) and the Ballads (I Am, Lift Me Up, All I Need). The first Spanish EP was experimental, the second one was Easy Listening, Commercial Pop and I’m wondering what the overall sound will be for the third one.
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

NewAgenda wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:52 pm I wish Christina had done the EPs with Bionic as there’s multiple EPs on that and they would work better separately then consolidate for a vinyl. Experimental (Birds of Prey, Bobblehead, Bionic), Commercial (Woohoo, Glam, Not Myself Tonight) and the Ballads (I Am, Lift Me Up, All I Need). The first Spanish EP was experimental, the second one was Easy Listening, Commercial Pop and I’m wondering what the overall sound will be for the third one.
Or a ballads vs uptempo EPs.
106th
Genie Freed
Genie Freed

Joss wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:18 am I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Christina's pronunciation on this EP is much better than on La Fuerza
I could be wrong, but didn't she mention somewhere that Pa Mis Muchachas was one of the first songs she recorded for the sessions?

She prob got more comfortable as they recorded more/hung out more with the whole production/writing/music team
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 8

I only have a couple minor gripes with the album, like including both the solo and duet versions of cuando me dé la gana, but this is on par as some of her best work and all this 20+ years into her career.

Stellar production while tackling a variety of genres and still pop-friendly. I feel she’s even saving the best for last with La Luz.
ringthealarm
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 4

therightman wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:06 am
VenusAsABoy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:02 pm I think Somos Nada is my favorite song of the album
It's true. They've put this same weird effect on her vocals on a number of songs post-Bionic. It sounds almost metallic. I first noticed it on Bland Page. More recently I think it's the most obvious on a "A Million Dreams."

Somos Nada live is beautiful.
enzoseb
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 5

Vocal production on AGUILERA so far is top-notch, her voice is shining as it should again on these tracks. Yas.
unbridled
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

I hopw the sueltame vid comes out this week
Xeric
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 7

Tini posted about Suéltame on her IG stories 💘