Christina performing at Hollywood Bowl this summer!

Moments to remember...
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 29

ringthealarm wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:43 pm
DevotionHURTS wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:08 pm
Kitana wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:46 pm

Aww that’s so sad to hear, but not surprising tbh. I always felt like she put off a follow-up to Lotus for so long because she was afraid of flopping again. Same thing with touring. The Voice came with a high salary and primetime exposure with relatively little effort, so it was easy for that to become her main gig for a while. I can see why she’s so grateful for the support at her live shows in recent years.

I truly think she just needed a better team surrounding her and giving honest, constructive feedback. Hollywood Bowl was the perfect venue to highlight her status as a living icon. She should be cementing her legacy as a touring force and making more ambitious music than ever before, not chasing chart success to stay “relevant”.
This. She should stay left field, avant-gard, as she has always been.

It is part of her brand by now.
Y'all are delusional. She came back with two left-field releases in two completely different genres and both got ignored. She needs a song that sticks with the general public that can gain her some traction, one that could maybe gain some new fans and remind some old fans.
She can maybe still get a hit song and I’d love more bangers from her, but I don’t think that should be her primary driver or else her art will suffer; just look at her peers like Jennifer Lopez who desperately clings to trends and whose record sales have continued to decline nonetheless.
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 80

dinvy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:25 pm @Franzjoseph half of it, I guess?! Loved it anyways, twice too!
Better than the first night that is for sure on Maria!

Only time I think she ever did the falsetto bit in the bridge plus of course phrased C#5's!
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 38

Is he one of the songwriters/producers for X's new album?

I mean he could get access to the backstage

Or just a crew?
Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
KevinKardashian
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 29

"I’m a genie in a bottle, you don’t wanna rub me the wrong way!" ~ Christina Aguiilera's tagline for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Postertina
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 3

So since we are talking rumors, I just heard from someone who's usually reliable that the crews were there filming backstage and shots of the concert for a documentary (possibly Youtube Originals) that's supposed to be released along the Spanish Album. They said they couldn't confirm this themselves so they aren't completely sure of the information, but we do know some of the recording sessions of the album were filmed so it sounds possible.
Last edited by Postertina on Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 4

Postertina wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:13 am So since we are talking roumors, I just heard from someone who's usually reliable that the crews were there filming backstage and shots of the concert for a documentary (possibly Youtube Originals) that's supposed to be released along the Spanish Album. They said they couldn't confirm this themselves so they aren't completely sure of the information, but we do know some of the recording sessions of the album were filmed so it sounds possible.
I kind of started that rumor and I'm usually not reliable
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 62

Sapphire wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:45 am

Or just a crew?
On his bio it says he is a Grammy award winning producer and songwriter.

Most likely he's working behind the scenes with Christina on music for the Spanish album.

It is so cool that Christina would invite him and his family backstage. They must have a close relationship.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
Postertina
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

FullCircle wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:26 am
Postertina wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:13 am So since we are talking roumors, I just heard from someone who's usually reliable that the crews were there filming backstage and shots of the concert for a documentary (possibly Youtube Originals) that's supposed to be released along the Spanish Album. They said they couldn't confirm this themselves so they aren't completely sure of the information, but we do know some of the recording sessions of the album were filmed so it sounds possible.
I kind of started that rumor and I'm usually not reliable
I guess we all assumed something was going on since the thing was obviously being filmed for ~ something ~ :manshrug: I suppose some of us hoped for a release of the concert itself, which doesn't seem very likely since apparently they were just doing some shots. They said Youtube Originals with certainty, they just couldn't confirm if that was indeed the case.
Last edited by Postertina on Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giftence
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 11

I might be not right, but as far as I remember her team was always shooting something behind the scenes and we always got the sense she would release something.
On each big concert (Malaysia, Morocco, New Orleans, Baku etc) including her tour there were professional cameras but the videos never saw the light.
ringthealarm
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 14

DevotionHURTS wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:47 am

Y'all are delusional. She came back with two left-field releases in two completely different genres and both got ignored. She needs a song that sticks with the general public that can gain her some traction, one that could maybe gain some new fans and remind some old fans.
Lol @ Lotus or Liberation being left field...

What part of Your Body was avant-gard? Fall in line was a classic pop ballad.
I obviously meant Accelerate and Fall in Line. In what world is Fall in Line a classic pop ballad? :dizzy:
Postertina
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Giftence wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:37 am I might be not right, but as far as I remember her team was always shooting something behind the scenes and we always got the sense she would release something.
On each big concert (Malaysia, Morocco, New Orleans, Baku etc) including her tour there were professional cameras but the videos never saw the light.
Yes, she usually records her stuff for her personal archive, I guess? This isn't the case here according to whoever told me that, although they weren't sure/couldn't confirm first hand. Only reason I mentioned it is because they have a history of being right with the stuff they sent me in the past and for this they gave me the OK to mention it. I asked someonelse to check if they heard something similiar, but they haven't returned to me yet...
ringthealarm
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop

Kitana wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:17 am

She can maybe still get a hit song and I’d love more bangers from her, but I don’t think that should be her primary driver or else her art will suffer; just look at her peers like Jennifer Lopez who desperately clings to trends and whose record sales have continued to decline nonetheless.
That's J.Lo. There's also Mariah and Toni Braxton who both had a mega hit that semi revived their musical relevance. She can't keep turning out Accelerate's and Fall in Line's as long as she's signed to a major label.
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

ringthealarm wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:56 am

I obviously meant Accelerate and Fall in Line. In what world is Fall in Line a classic pop ballad? :dizzy:
Fall in line is a classic female duet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even the Grammy's agree. Weren't they nominated in pop collaboration?

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
ringthealarm
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop

DevotionHURTS wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:00 am

Fall in line is a classic female duet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even the Grammy's agree. Weren't they nominated in pop collaboration?
They're nominated in the pop collaboration category because Christina and Demi are pop singers and it's a collaboration. The song itself is not a classic pop ballad, nor does it sound like anything you'd hear on the radio these days.
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Chintheory wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:37 am Ugh, one of my closest friends was finally able to reveal that she worked on the show, helped cast the dancers, and an artist she manages helped with the costume design. She said X is such a pro and super sweet, but it breaks my heart to say this, my friend revealed that X mentioned a few times that she’s been feeling like she’s “Washed up.”

Which sounds absurd to me because she’s an icon. But she’s also human. Just made me sad to hear that. 😭
If she indeed said this, I wouldn't take it as a negative thing. It would mean that she's aware that she hasn't made as much effort as she used to do. Hopefully this will drive her for her next albums. :cupid:
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

ringthealarm wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:24 am
DevotionHURTS wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:00 am

They're nominated in the pop collaboration category because Christina and Demi are pop singers and it's a collaboration. The song itself is not a classic pop ballad, nor does it sound like anything you'd hear on the radio these days.
What you say is partly true. Yes, part of the beats are modern. But the song itself, the lyrics, is very classic female pop duet.

Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Postertina wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:13 am So since we are talking rumors, I just heard from someone who's usually reliable that the crews were there filming backstage and shots of the concert for a documentary (possibly Youtube Originals) that's supposed to be released along the Spanish Album. They said they couldn't confirm this themselves so they aren't completely sure of the information, but we do know some of the recording sessions of the album were filmed so it sounds possible.
Not getting my hopes up but I'll be so happy if this is true.
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

KevinKardashian wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:58 am
This was cute. I hope they collaborate.

DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

KevinKardashian wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:58 am
This was cute. I hope they collaborate.

Pretty Boy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 18

WAIT A FUCKIN MINUTE. What is this?!?

BrianBdizzle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 22

Pretty Boy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:06 pm WAIT A FUCKIN MINUTE. What is this?!?

Probably basement made by the sound of it
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 13

Yeah, it just sounds like a filtered acapella layered on a generic reggaetón beat.
Creek
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 34

Kitana wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:05 am

They might be referring to “Accelerate”. As much as I love that song, it’s not “hit” material, although it’s a wonderful reminder that Christina isn’t afraid to continue pushing boundaries for herself.

When I said ambitious, I just meant a bold direction, not necessarily avant-garde. Stripped, Back to Basics, and Bionic were all conceptual records where she collaborated with top talent to bring her vision to life. She needs that same level of passion for her future projects.
On the contrary, Accelerate had a lot of potential to become a hit. It was fresh, catchy and current and aged really well. Had Christina put more effort and passion into promoting it it would have become top ten in the least. It needed better video and more exposure but of course as per usual, Xtina decided to abandon it and release a ballad. It’s one of my fav uptempos from her
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 38

Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator
Posts in topic: 4

Pretty Boy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:06 pm WAIT A FUCKIN MINUTE. What is this?!?

Out of all the tracks in Mi Reflejo, they go with Una Mujer?

No, gracias.
deeds cannot dream what dreams can do
—time is a tree(this life one leaf)
but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 36

Sapphire wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:17 pm
A post just for appreciation? That's literally never happened... I see you RocNation!
Yummy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 12

Azoff could nevah.
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

Yummy wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:35 pm Azoff could nevah.
He could, I am sure... But his policy with her was to spend the least they could to make things work (somehow).

Obviously, Roc Nation is the opposite, they spend more to get bigger results.

christinalover
VIP '23
VIP '23

DevotionHURTS wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:24 am
Sapphire wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:45 am

Or just a crew?
On his bio it says he is a Grammy award winning producer and songwriter.

Most likely he's working behind the scenes with Christina on music for the Spanish album.

It is so cool that Christina would invite him and his family backstage. They must have a close relationship.
The Pic of Beauty Queen with the two kids is extremely cute :love: :love: :love: , but perhaps they are a bit too young to realize what happend to them. :manson: :cry: :cry:
Everybody needs that one person that takes you to the right place to see all the positives in your life.” – Christina Aguilera
christinalover
VIP '23
VIP '23

DevotionHURTS wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:55 am She's so grateful and happy!

The GP doesn't deserve her. She's far too classy, legendary, and iconic for the average Joes and Janes out there.
So true, I said it many times but we don't deserve sooooo much beauty, sexiness and vocal slayage!!!!!

Even here there is too much hate and too little worship!!!!
Everybody needs that one person that takes you to the right place to see all the positives in your life.” – Christina Aguilera