Viña Del Mar Festival 02/23

Moments to remember...
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 129

love&music wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:14 pm
Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm

"In seconds, the legendary Christina Aguilera put the monster of Viña in her pocket"
Brazilian fans are demanding her to do ROCK IN RIO!

Latino twitter is stanning hard!
I have a feeling there will be high demand for her to tour Latin America (even more than before).
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 64

Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:16 pm
love&music wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:14 pm
Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm

"In seconds, the legendary Christina Aguilera put the monster of Viña in her pocket"
Brazilian fans are demanding her to do ROCK IN RIO!

Latino twitter is stanning hard!
I have a feeling there will be high demand for her to tour Latin America (even more than before).
lets start with her selling the rest of those tickets for the next 2 shows lol
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 16

The love for our girl is INSANE right now.

I've been reading also comments like it's very difficult for anyone to come on stage after Christina. So much the presenter had to ask the people to be respectful for the next act lol. Whoever was, didn't have an easy task.
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 66

The twitter stanning is great! Even my dad is pissed because they didn't gave her the platinum award, saying is bullshit that people decide when they are not listening to the people!
Faithy
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 1

Something special is happening. Keep in mind I haven't watched a single clip of this concert because I forgot it was today, but I casually went on Twitter and never in my life have I seen Christina Aguilera trend #1 with over 50,000 impressions. I'm shook. This message board is very critical of her because we know her true potential andI'm sure I'm gonna watch this later and be annoyed at many things, but whether she did good or not is irrelevant because the energy on twitter is insane. I feel like she's Michael Jackson or something. I'm so proud of her. With that said, she needs to release new music and that documentary asap because I have a feeling a comeback is imminent. People are craving her again!
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 46

Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:54 pm
pato wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:51 pm
Bad_vocal_technique wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 pm You guys don’t seem to realize 99% of the people in the audience are not familiar with this set list. She won’t invest energy to change it just to please 20 homosexuals and that is that.
The goal tonight was to win the audience approval and she certainly did that like she hasn’t done in years.
20 homosexuals???
To give you an example, VEN CONMIGO was for the people who grew up with her and EVERYBODY there knew it. GIAB was just like singing GENIO with the same melody and everything else. What did you think? People wanted to listen to kimono girl? lmao
Exactly. People grew up with Mi Reflejo and they pay a ticket to see an iconic artist perform the hits, not Vanity. :manshrug:
Ok let me send them a text then. Instead of asking for her to be given the platinum award like they did they should’ve booed her for not singing that tired cringey song fart conmigo.
Lana Del Rey
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 49

For the people who hate Gilbert. :cackle:

love&music
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 24

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:18 pm The love for our girl is INSANE right now.

I've been reading also comments like it's very difficult for anyone to come on stage after Christina. So much the presenter had to ask the people to be respectful for the next act lol. Whoever was, didn't have an easy task.
Its a rapper, poor kid, he was nervous in the interview.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:58 pm
Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:57 pm
Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm

so she was expected to stay on stage? :manshrug:
The dynamic of this festival is weird, especially for someone like Christina Freaking Aguilera, because it's like a talent show based on the crowd being pleased and clapping and shanting to give the awards, silver, gold and platinum. So, they wanted to give her the biggest one, which is platinum but she left after she was done with her set. I think she was not informed. And I believe they were mad with the presenters or the festival for not having her coming back. The public is not after her.

Thanks for explaining. The presenters said that Christina has to go back to Santiago.

However, someone here said that the platinum award was already given to someone else?
And the man said 'she's giving the exact same show twice at the arenas' so same setlist lmao. Hope matt blows up the inflatables @janvinron
Cruz2318
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 2

It’s clear she just doesn’t care. I mean let’s be honest about it. I’m glad she’s getting love online, she deserves her flowers but her ambition and creative direction is nonexistent anymore.
It’s not hard to sit your team down and ask for research and data about what songs in my 20 year career have done the best in The country I’m performing in. Chilean fans who have literally never seen you before do not want to listen to Vanity, FTM, LTBL… They don’t want the English version of GIAB when YOU HAVE A SPANISH VERSION OF IT. For that matter, you have a SPANISH VERSION of your whole goddamn debut for fuck sake.
The laziness and just 0 attempt at Santo, which is the easiest song for her to sing is blatantly obvious. Ignoring your new Spanish material in general… lipping on PMM. The rap sped up version of CHUD which is an iconic anthem is awful.
The strained and elongated ANOM note isn’t doing her any favors, the oversized coats, the shout singing, the sunglasses… sigh.

And we need to stop blaming Jeri… SHES CHRISTINA AGUILERA. Nobody is telling her NO lmao. If she wanted to change anything there would be change. I wish I could get Inside her head and figure out what’s going on. If you don’t wanna do this anymore just say something (pun intended) and we’ll totally get it. But fuckin A Christina….
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Not Skechers ad, full circle moment.

Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 8

Erotica wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:27 pm For the people who hate Gilbert. :cackle:

He was DRENCHED in sweat compared to everyone else at some point. The stream was so high quality you could see him leaking as much as Xtina at Etta's funeral (this is a joke, don't come for me).

Twitter is insane right now. Has she ever trended this high with that many Tweets before? The most recent numbers I see are at 52.6K.
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 48

Faithy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:20 pm Something special is happening. Keep in mind I haven't watched a single clip of this concert because I forgot it was today, but I casually went on Twitter and never in my life have I seen Christina Aguilera trend #1 with over 50,000 impressions. I'm shook. This message board is very critical of her because we know her true potential andI'm sure I'm gonna watch this later and be annoyed at many things, but whether she did good or not is irrelevant because the energy on twitter is insane. I feel like she's Michael Jackson or something. I'm so proud of her. With that said, she needs to release new music and that documentary asap because I have a feeling a comeback is imminent. People are craving her again!
Yes of course. My personal critiques are confined here, and only because I've known her since 1999 and I've seen how great she can be.

But the GP overall, and the audience in attendance especially, loved it and that's great.
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Erotica wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:35 pm Not Skechers ad, full circle moment.

And pepsi 😂
love&music
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Faithy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:20 pm Something special is happening. Keep in mind I haven't watched a single clip of this concert because I forgot it was today, but I casually went on Twitter and never in my life have I seen Christina Aguilera trend #1 with over 50,000 impressions. I'm shook. This message board is very critical of her because we know her true potential andI'm sure I'm gonna watch this later and be annoyed at many things, but whether she did good or not is irrelevant because the energy on twitter is insane. I feel like she's Michael Jackson or something. I'm so proud of her. With that said, she needs to release new music and that documentary asap because I have a feeling a comeback is imminent. People are craving her again!
amen.
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Cruz2318 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:33 pm It’s clear she just doesn’t care. I mean let’s be honest about it. I’m glad she’s getting love online, she deserves her flowers but her ambition and creative direction is nonexistent anymore.
It’s not hard to sit your team down and ask for research and data about what songs in my 20 year career have done the best in The country I’m performing in. Chilean fans who have literally never seen you before do not want to listen to Vanity, FTM, LTBL… They don’t want the English version of GIAB when YOU HAVE A SPANISH VERSION OF IT. For that matter, you have a SPANISH VERSION of your whole goddamn debut for fuck sake.
The laziness and just 0 attempt at Santo, which is the easiest song for her to sing is blatantly obvious. Ignoring your new Spanish material in general… lipping on PMM. The rap sped up version of CHUD which is an iconic anthem is awful.
The strained and elongated ANOM note isn’t doing her any favors, the oversized coats, the shout singing, the sunglasses… sigh.

And we need to stop blaming Jeri… SHES CHRISTINA AGUILERA. Nobody is telling her NO lmao. If she wanted to change anything there would be change. I wish I could get Inside her head and figure out what’s going on. If you don’t wanna do this anymore just say something (pun intended) and we’ll totally get it. But fuckin A Christina….
We can blame Xtina for the setlist.

But all blame is definitely with Jeri for the choreogeaphy and stage direction.
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 17

One thing has to be said. For some time now, you can clearly see how she is enjoying herself on stage. Free, happy and having the most fun. Tonight her energy was amazing. And the audience really responds to that.

Her concert is very good right now. It needs a few tweaks that are easy to do for it to be perfect. The main thing is the return of second verses.
Christian
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 2

The show was great, some nice surprises!
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 57

Christian wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:43 pm The show was great, some nice surprises!
What were the surprises?
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 46

BotchedBody1 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:15 pm
Mr. X wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:12 pm I didn't think her voice was that off? Vocally speaking, against The Hollywood Bowl (which is the best concert she's given in a decade), I'd probably put it at 7/10 compared to that? The show itself though...

WAGW and ANOM were the highlights for me. She definitely loosened up after the first couple of songs. I know half this board hates "Vanity," but I think it was the first performance were she really loosened up and started to have fun. While the idea of "Dirrty" being the opening number seems like a no-brainer, I think nerves got the best of her tonight for that one. It's time scrap CHUD - it does not work and is a vibe killer. She was a tad flat on the high notes for FE/PMADT, but didn't really noticeably crack on anything major - so I consider this a win for her, especially considering the reception she got. LM & GIAB were quite solid as well.

Could have done without "Bionic" and the entire "Burlesque" segment. The most recent Spanish songs were probably the weakest portion overall (aside from FTM/LTBL which I can't even rate), which is a shame. I know it's not her first language, but she needs to be putting the same gusto and effort into those songs that she does "Ain't No Other Man" and "Fighter." Take the time to sit down and learn the lyrics, learn what they mean so you can have an connection and go for it. It's been said many times in this thread, but the fact that they missed AT LEAST two of her well known songs ("Ven Conmigo" and "Contigo") is a travesty. Even re-learning a verse and chorus for "Genio" would have be lovely.

I will echo most of the statements here though... It is time to find a new team to lead the music direction and choreography. I think switching to Roc Nation was certainly a business decision for opportunities -- which they have been killing, but getting rid of people that you've actually been friends friends with for two decades is easier said than done.

At least the reception in general has been great. Hopefully we'll be getting some great stats come the morning with album sale increases!
agree with 90% of this. but she doesn't have to get rid of her team- Monique and Gilbert and jeri or whatever can all keep dancing- they just don't need to be directing anything or choreographing anything. they definitely can still be in the same car (cus lbr she won't just drop them) but they need to get out of the front seats.. they can ride in the back.
Was thinking more like under the car but basically.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

I feel like this whole festival setlist was thought as a quick performance and it feels like in a rush. There's not much interaction with the audience and she never takes a moment to sit down and relax. Give her a chair and put somebody with a piano while she watches the crowd and sings SS or a ballad without going from here to there. And for god's sake change the damn ending with ltbl
love&music
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

iTunes Chile

#16 Lady Marmalade

#30 Pa Mis Muchachas

#52 Feel this Moment
Norgito
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 15

Amazing show she enjoyed it and the fans were great. Latin america loves her.
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Erotica wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:27 pm For the people who hate Gilbert. :cackle:

Now that i think about it it's for the people who hate Jeri too. :cackle:
Last edited by Erotica on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 12

she slayed

and what is Platino Awards, is it like Grammys?
Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Xtina shared Nicki's instastory. She probably didn't see her
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 40

I love gilly, this is for me too :roll:
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 12

Franzjoseph wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:46 pm
Christian wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:43 pm The show was great, some nice surprises!
What were the surprises?
no new song performed [/CLITVIP]
and Nicki Nicole was in the audience
Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

dinvy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:53 pm

I love gilly, this is for me too :roll:
It's a message for stink. Xtina mya and lil kim together. Stink far away from them
rye
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 1

It is pretty obvious Xtina didn't give two shits about the platinum award, but I love the fact that the Chilean audience wanted that for HER as a sign of respect/her career. One of the best crowds/participation audiences of her career, no doubt.