Viña Del Mar Festival 02/23

Moments to remember...
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 33

Wait what? What's going on?
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
Andreita
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 6

SHE WAS AMAAAZIIING!! 🥹🥹🥹
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 40

the mysterious rules of the coveted platinum pigeon
Xtinoacer
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 32

Nathan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:55 pm
Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:49 pm
Nathan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm

They continue screaming for the platinum award, but that award was given already a couple of days ago, even the next act (the comedian) started a bit nervous for people's reaction!
so basically they have to give it to only one artist? mess.
Indeed is messy. Even the artist who perform yesterday basically was denied the award to (Fito Paez) he had performed at the festival 5 times already.

And to the people who said I'm a hater just for saying that for me Christina didn't deserve the platinum award for today's performance can take several seats. I love her, but she wasn't even aware of what was happening, she left immediately, everything was so rush, and for this you can't blame only to the festival organization!
What’s the point of her waiting after she was done? She was not going to get the award anyway so it would look like she was begging for it, to ultimately leave without it. That would be embarrassing
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 46

dinvy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:00 pm the mysterious rules of the coveted platinum pigeon
Did Queen covet it tho? :fan:
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

Xtinoacer
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 32

Her performance was a success, they loved her so I’m happy about that.

La Diosa keeps winning.
Xtripped
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 16

Lament wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:57 pm I hope people don't think they're booing at her… Haters will sure have a field day about this, when the reception was otherwise incredible.
IKR, they're blooing to the hosts for not giving the platinum award, the crowd fell in love with Christina, the have to ask for respect for the next act.

I'm sure she did history tonight.
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 40

BaeTine wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:03 pm
dinvy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:00 pm the mysterious rules of the coveted platinum pigeon
scorpion_bad
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:54 pm
pato wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:51 pm
Bad_vocal_technique wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 pm You guys don’t seem to realize 99% of the people in the audience are not familiar with this set list. She won’t invest energy to change it just to please 20 homosexuals and that is that.
The goal tonight was to win the audience approval and she certainly did that like she hasn’t done in years.
20 homosexuals???
To give you an example, VEN CONMIGO was for the people who grew up with her and EVERYBODY there knew it. GIAB was just like singing GENIO with the same melody and everything else. What did you think? People wanted to listen to kimono girl? lmao
Exactly. People grew up with Mi Reflejo and they pay a ticket to see an iconic artist perform the hits, not Vanity. :manshrug:
a mi me gusto vanity. que tienes ah.... eres representante latino o que... a mi me encanto VANITY, jodete.
love&music
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 24

still trending!!!

TWITTER LOVE IS INSANE RIGHT NOW.
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21

BaeTine wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:58 pm
Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:57 pm
Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm

so she was expected to stay on stage? :manshrug:
The dynamic of this festival is weird, especially for someone like Christina Freaking Aguilera, because it's like a talent show based on the crowd being pleased and clapping and shanting to give the awards, silver, gold and platinum. So, they wanted to give her the biggest one, which is platinum but she left after she was done with her set. I think she was not informed. And I believe they were mad with the presenters or the festival for not having her coming back. The public is not after her.
So the other person who said there is only one platinum and it was already awarded was wrong? She could have gotten one as well?
I'm not sure about that. Someone else said that they had given the platinum award in just two or three occasions. So it must be like a lifetime achievement award or something. Maybe that one is pre arranged and maybe she knew she wasn't getting it and left.

A lot of maybes, I know. But I'm not sure about that.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 129

people are dragging them for not listening to the public
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

´people asking for the platino award. xtina right after ending the show'

:cackle:
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

dinvy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:05 pm
BaeTine wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:03 pm
they probably wrote CRISTIANA
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:07 pm
BaeTine wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:58 pm
Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:57 pm

The dynamic of this festival is weird, especially for someone like Christina Freaking Aguilera, because it's like a talent show based on the crowd being pleased and clapping and shanting to give the awards, silver, gold and platinum. So, they wanted to give her the biggest one, which is platinum but she left after she was done with her set. I think she was not informed. And I believe they were mad with the presenters or the festival for not having her coming back. The public is not after her.
So the other person who said there is only one platinum and it was already awarded was wrong? She could have gotten one as well?
I'm not sure about that. Someone else said that they had given the platinum award in just two or three occasions. So it must be like a lifetime achievement award or something. Maybe that one is pre arranged and maybe she knew she wasn't getting it and left.

A lot of maybes, I know. But I'm not sure about that.
So if it's usually pre-arranged and she left after the show, then it means they did not tell her about it so they didn't plan to give her the platinum award.
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 49

Can they ship her the platinum award after the show?
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 64

H2o wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:28 pm She was robbed Platino award ugh
robbed? she didn't want it
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21

"In seconds, the legendary Christina Aguilera put the monster of Viña in her pocket"
love&music
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Guys, stop the drama of the platinum seagull and celebrate she is having a comeback moment in South America full of love and online praise!!

#1 TT WW by only positive comments is huge for her.
Last edited by love&music on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jmarc
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

The crowd was really asking for the Platino, they are getting dragged on twitter.
love&music
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm

"In seconds, the legendary Christina Aguilera put the monster of Viña in her pocket"
wow.

She needs the Supwebowl halftime to remember the world she is the QUEEN!
Last edited by love&music on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

love&music wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm Guys, stop the drama of the platinum seagull and celebrate she is having a comeback moment in South America full of love and online praise!!

it's not drama actually. it's the opposite. people are mad she didn't get it because they say she DESERVED it. crazy!! that's making headlines tomorrow. They are DEMANDING them to give it to her :omg: :lit: :lit: :lit: :lit:
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 8

I didn't think her voice was that off? Vocally speaking, against The Hollywood Bowl (which is the best concert she's given in a decade), I'd probably put it at 7/10 compared to that? The show itself though...

WAGW and ANOM were the highlights for me. She definitely loosened up after the first couple of songs. I know half this board hates "Vanity," but I think it was the first performance where she really loosened up and started to have fun. While the idea of "Dirrty" being the opening number seems like a no-brainer, I think nerves got the best of her tonight for that one. It's time scrap CHUD - it does not work and is a vibe killer. She was a tad flat on the high notes for FE/PMADT, but didn't really noticeably crack on anything major - so I consider this a win for her, especially considering the reception she got. LM & GIAB were quite solid as well.

Could have done without "Bionic" and the entire "Burlesque" segment. The most recent Spanish songs were probably the weakest portion overall (aside from FTM/LTBL which I can't even rate), which is a shame. I know it's not her first language, but she needs to be putting the same gusto and effort into those songs that she does "Ain't No Other Man" and "Fighter." Take the time to sit down and learn the lyrics, learn what they mean so you can have an connection and go for it. It's been said many times in this thread, but the fact that they missed AT LEAST two of her well known songs ("Ven Conmigo" and "Contigo") is a travesty. Even re-learning a verse and chorus for "Genio" would have be lovely.

I will echo most of the statements here though... It is time to find a new team to lead the music direction and choreography. I think switching to Roc Nation was certainly a business decision for opportunities -- which they have been killing, but getting rid of people that you've actually been friends with for two decades is easier said than done.

At least the reception in general has been great. Hopefully we'll be getting some great stats come the morning with album sale increases!
Last edited by Mr. X on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

BotchedBody1 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm
H2o wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:28 pm She was robbed Platino award ugh
robbed? she didn't want it
Guess they didn't tell her :rip:
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina

pato wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:04 pm
why was she wagging her tongue so much tonight like she did at the Hollywood palladium thing she did for Citi
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

love&music wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm Guys, stop the drama of the platinum seagull and celebrate she is having a comeback moment in South America full of love and online praise!!

actually this platinum award drama highlights the love and respect she received from everyone tonight.
love&music
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm

Brazilian fans are demanding her to do ROCK IN RIO!

Latino twitter is stanning hard!
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

pato wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:12 pm

it's not drama actually. it's the opposite. people are mad she didn't get it because they say she DESERVED it. crazy!! that's making headlines tomorrow. They are DEMANDING them to give it to her :omg: :lit: :lit: :lit: :lit:

YES PLEASE keep the drama going, it will help the shows sell more tickets and her catalogue to be played/streamed more. She won.
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina

Mr. X wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:12 pm I didn't think her voice was that off? Vocally speaking, against The Hollywood Bowl (which is the best concert she's given in a decade), I'd probably put it at 7/10 compared to that? The show itself though...

WAGW and ANOM were the highlights for me. She definitely loosened up after the first couple of songs. I know half this board hates "Vanity," but I think it was the first performance were she really loosened up and started to have fun. While the idea of "Dirrty" being the opening number seems like a no-brainer, I think nerves got the best of her tonight for that one. It's time scrap CHUD - it does not work and is a vibe killer. She was a tad flat on the high notes for FE/PMADT, but didn't really noticeably crack on anything major - so I consider this a win for her, especially considering the reception she got. LM & GIAB were quite solid as well.

Could have done without "Bionic" and the entire "Burlesque" segment. The most recent Spanish songs were probably the weakest portion overall (aside from FTM/LTBL which I can't even rate), which is a shame. I know it's not her first language, but she needs to be putting the same gusto and effort into those songs that she does "Ain't No Other Man" and "Fighter." Take the time to sit down and learn the lyrics, learn what they mean so you can have an connection and go for it. It's been said many times in this thread, but the fact that they missed AT LEAST two of her well known songs ("Ven Conmigo" and "Contigo") is a travesty. Even re-learning a verse and chorus for "Genio" would have be lovely.

I will echo most of the statements here though... It is time to find a new team to lead the music direction and choreography. I think switching to Roc Nation was certainly a business decision for opportunities -- which they have been killing, but getting rid of people that you've actually been friends friends with for two decades is easier said than done.

At least the reception in general has been great. Hopefully we'll be getting some great stats come the morning with album sale increases!
agree with 90% of this. but she doesn't have to get rid of her team- Monique and Gilbert and jeri or whatever can all keep dancing- they just don't need to be directing anything or choreographing anything. they definitely can still be in the same car (cus lbr she won't just drop them) but they need to get out of the front seats.. they can ride in the back.