23rd Annual Latin Grammys (17.11.2022) | AGUILERA WON Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album

Moments to remember...
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 48

Rosalia’s album is amazing and she promoted. Well deserved.

Bad Bunny is just the Drake of Latin America.
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 57

Erotica wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:15 pm We hate Rosaria now? I'm confused.
NOOOOOO.. WE LOOOVE ROSALIA... Everything is fine... It's just these children crying and making a trantum
ledif
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 6

The disrespect. Queen deserved so much better. Fuck this.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 74

The Irony of her team cutting Rosalia and C. Tangana from the album, just to lose to both of them in the 3 main Grammy categories.

:ziggy:
George
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 32

@Motomami is a true stan. Let her have her moment fuckers!

Hopefully X and Rosalia take a pic together :shook:
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 102

Camtina2
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 26

NewAgenda wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:18 pm I just wanted one award, so I’m happy. She definitely could’ve won more had she promoted with 2-3 more televised performances.

The fact that she did this while flying under the radar and doing zero promo outside of videos is amazing. She looked great, sounded great and had a great night!
FACTS! I feel like a lot of people STILL didn't even know she made another Spanish album so hopefully this will help folks to rediscover it. And for god sakes don't wait another 20 years to make another one.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

I hope Christina can now start promoting this album more. I’m not sure what she’s waiting for because the Latin community is ready to embrace her. She has an award for the album, so now is the time. It may even help secure the Anglo Grammy award for the album too.
Camtina2
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

NewAgenda wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:20 pm Rosalia’s album is amazing and she promoted. Well deserved.

Bad Bunny is just the Drake of Latin America.
Rosalia promoted her ass off.
Camtina2
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

MaCK. wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:22 pm The Irony of her team cutting Rosalia and C. Tangana from the album, just to lose to both of them in the 3 main Grammy categories.

:ziggy:
Justice for Por Na.
aguilero
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 2

Felicito a mi reina por otro Grammy! La 7*ganadora de Grammy miss legendtina🔥🔥🔥 gran noche 🙌🏻🙌🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Camtina2 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:15 pm
Motomami wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:07 pm I love Xtina, but Rosalía deserved to win AOTY.

The top categories were a long shot and the double nominations in that Urban category meant she would split votes. I had higher hopes for the regional Mexican category, but perhaps it’s best she didn’t win since she’s not Mexican.

I’m SO SO happy she won at least one Grammy though. This now strengthens her chances to win the English Grammy. She also looked and sounded amazing tonight.
As a Rosalia stan are u pissed that she's not nominated in the album of the year category of the general Grammy's? Especially since she won this one? I feel like there are some messed up Grammy politics and shadiness tryina screw her over. Are u ok with just this? I'm just curious? I love both her and X by the way. So ur, not the only one on here who loves Rosalia.
I don’t really care about the Grammys nor do I think they’re an accurate reflection of the “best” music out there right now. It’s all quite political and industry-driven.

I see them more as a vehicle for promotion and exposure. Do I think Rosalía was snubbed for an AOTY nom at the regular Grammy’s? Absolutely, but she’s so popular and revered right now that it doesn’t upset me. Christina benefits from it a lot more imo so I care more.
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 12

I'm happy for the win, she deserves it! :cry: :tellmemore: :shook:

But fuck any of you rationalizing her not winning more by her "not being latina enough", or "not promoting enough". :ziggy: :womanshade:

Christina belongs as Latin GRAMMY winner many times over & she deserved SOTY or ROTY + would've been an excellent choice for AOTY aswell. :lit: :permaban:
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 64

So glad we got a televised win. I figured after the pre-show that's how it would unfold. Fantastic vocal in the performance as well. Hopefully it translates to the traditional GRAMMYs as well. As much as I would have liked to see her take multiple wins home tonight (PMM was robbed, tbh), it really is a testament that she is spanning 7 wins over two decades.
George
VIP '21
VIP '21

ledif wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:22 pm The disrespect. Queen deserved so much better. Fuck this.
Christy was awarded a Grammy, and was heavily nominated which in itself is recognition of her work. 🎉

Considering the limited promotion of AGUILERA, the messy roll out, the lack of a big hit, and Christy herself going missing at numerous intervals. This is a huge success.

I think she deserved more, of course.
Camtina2
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

Motomami wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:27 pm
Camtina2 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:15 pm
Motomami wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:07 pm I love Xtina, but Rosalía deserved to win AOTY.

The top categories were a long shot and the double nominations in that Urban category meant she would split votes. I had higher hopes for the regional Mexican category, but perhaps it’s best she didn’t win since she’s not Mexican.

I’m SO SO happy she won at least one Grammy though. This now strengthens her chances to win the English Grammy. She also looked and sounded amazing tonight.
As a Rosalia stan are u pissed that she's not nominated in the album of the year category of the general Grammy's? Especially since she won this one? I feel like there are some messed up Grammy politics and shadiness tryina screw her over. Are u ok with just this? I'm just curious? I love both her and X by the way. So ur, not the only one on here who loves Rosalia.
I don’t really care about the Grammys nor do I think they’re an accurate reflection of the “best” music out there right now. It’s all quite political and industry-driven.

I see them more as a vehicle for promotion and exposure. Do I think Rosalía was snubbed for an AOTY nom at the regular Grammy’s? Absolutely, but she’s so popular and revered right now that it doesn’t upset me. Christina benefits from it a lot more imo so I care more.
True tea. Tho I don't think either one of them cares about it. lol. I love both of their albums equally. thanks for answering my question. :cupid:
Iconic
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 4

She got a Grammy for the album that’s still amazing! How many of these artists will be winning awards 25 years into a career not many!
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

Neutral wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:07 pm Great night in her career, looks, vocals, competitive trophy live on air, it’s been veeeeery long since she’s had a night like this and she was very happy and proud to have won, as we all should also be.
I can’t even remember the last time she won a non-legacy award and the acceptance speech was televised with her there in person. This probably hasn’t happened since Stripped. The Grammy awards did her dirty with ANOM not being a televised award. This is such a good moment for her being 24 years into her career. There’s not many legends able to do this so deep into their careers without playing the political game.
Last edited by NewAgenda on Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yummy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 67

Data wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:27 pm I'm happy for the win, she deserves it! :cry: :tellmemore: :shook:

But fuck any of you rationalizing her not winning more by her "not being latina enough", or "not promoting enough". :ziggy: :womanshade:

Christina belongs as Latin GRAMMY winner many times over & she deserved SOTY or ROTY + would've been an excellent choice for AOTY aswell. :lit: :permaban:
This!!
Dirrty_Cali
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 7

I would have loved for Pa Mis Muchachas to win one…they could have awarded Jorge Drexler and C Tangana one award and Xtina the other in a perfect world!
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 24

She got one. That's fine. Besides, more people know about it. I hope this helps her streaming numbers.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
Camtina2
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

I'll say this again. She BETTER not stop making Spanish music.
I mean No Es Que Extrane ALONE is better than folks' entire discographies. Including her own lol.
lurk
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 40

💀💀
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 52

This discussion is all well and good and I'ma let y'all finish but bitch @BotchedBody1 THE BABIES! :cackle:

Am currently interviewing to be a mod on TupperwareLady.red. :shook:
George
VIP '21
VIP '21

Data wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:27 pm I'm happy for the win, she deserves it! :cry: :tellmemore: :shook:

I agree with this. But at the same time, I feel an artist needs to be living and breathing their record to have that big moment of huge critical acclaim. I don’t doubt her passion for the music but Christina hasn’t performed many of the songs, and probably never will. We know for sure she wasn’t campaigning much, if at all, for wins. I’m feel she’ll be delighted with one award and happy for the artists that won.
StrippedPart3
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 18

NewAgenda wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:32 pm
Neutral wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:07 pm Great night in her career, looks, vocals, competitive trophy live on air, it’s been veeeeery long since she’s had a night like this and she was very happy and proud to have won, as we all should also be.
I can’t even remember the last time she won a non-legacy award and the acceptance speech was televised with her there in person. This probably hasn’t happened since Stripped. The Grammy awards did her dirty with ANOM not being a televised award. This is such a good moment for her being 24 years into her career. There’s not many legends able to do this so deep into their careers without playing the political game.
Right? It really has been a long time since she got a televised non legacy award. They did her dirty too with Say Something’s Grammy not being televised, especially since that category usually tends to be televised
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

You all do realize even at Christina’s commercial peak she wasn’t racking in multiple Grammy awards in one night. She has always been underrated. Popstars didn’t have it easy during her commercial peak. It wasn’t until the 2010’s that they stopped being so uptight about popstars especially female popstars. Whitney, Celine, etc. weren’t winning a crazy number of Grammy awards either. They all had real competition and being a huge popstar didn’t guarantee them wins.
George
VIP '21
VIP '21

Camtina2 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:36 pm I'll say this again. She BETTER not stop making Spanish music.
I mean No Es Que Extrane ALONE is better than folks' entire discographies. Including her own lol.
Sorry to break it to you, but she’s done and dusted and it’s back to being an English speaking legend :shook:
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 14

StrippedPart3 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:13 pm
Thiago wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:09 pm Wait was the category televised? I just missed it.

Yay for the win thooo
It was! Video of her win

"Es la segunda vez que Christina Aguilera emite un album en Español. Tremenda veterana de la musica pop. Este es el noveno de su carrera, se grabó en Miami y debido a que fué dividido en tres EPs, terminaron dando un disco doble. Fueron muchos productores involucrados. Este disco es el resultado de la cancelación del tour que tenía planeado y que debido al Covid pues tuvo que desistir. De ahí se metió al estudio, se concentró en componer, en grabar, y aquí los frutos. De origen Ecuatoriano, nacida en Nueva York, Doña Christina Aguilera, una de las voces más potentes de la escena. Por cierto, hasta el Ranchero le queda bien."
Deluxe Edition please :piano:
Neutral
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 8

George wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:39 pm

I agree with this. But at the same time, I feel an artist needs to be living and breathing their record to have that big moment of huge critical acclaim. I don’t doubt her passion for the music but Christina hasn’t performed many of the songs, and probably never will. We know for sure she wasn’t campaigning much, if at all, for wins. I’m feel she’ll be delighted with one award and happy for the artists that won.
She’s gotten such a lukewarm response for her English releases that maybe this will encourage her to put herself out there more, one can hope.
Last edited by Neutral on Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.