Christina performing at Hollywood Bowl this summer!

Moments to remember...
FighterOfX
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 2

saxysoul wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:21 am Great vocals and looks!

Setlist and connection with orchestra? A bit underwhelming.
It's a bit of a missed opportunity really, here she is, performing with the LA Phil, yet there was hardly any interaction between her and Gustavo or the orchestra.
Where were the nice instrumental verses with solos, for example?
It added a beautiful background effect, but all that really happened were some interludes and 'fuller' scores to existing live performances.
They could have done much more with this.

I was hoping for a sound of music cover when she mentioned july andrews, or some Eartha Kitt/Billie Holiday/Dinah Washington/Nina Simone/Ella Fitzgerald.

And where were those tim burton references?

I loved At Last, Contigo and WAGW!
Great show, she was gorgeous like always, but i don’t get it about the mix between the orchestra and the “pop diva on concert show”. I imagine a hole different concept before this.
Beautiful Garbage
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

dinvy wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:04 am
Rum+Vodka wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:02 am She sounded phenomenal on "At Last" and used her voice and body they way it naturally sings. None of that back-of-throaty stuff where her tongue just kinda sits and curves back.
Awesome!!! Threw me back to the SLITUK DVD days.
Solidlink
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 8

I loved it and had a great time!

I agree, I wish she had done more with the orchestra.

Also, I have a feeling some songs were cut because she was late? Girrrrl,
Yummy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 12

What was new??
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Kitana wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:23 pm
Still screaming at this. It was exiting... for some people. :fan:
Beautiful Garbage
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

Solidlink wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:48 am I loved it and had a great time!

I agree, I wish she had done more with the orchestra.

Also, I have a feeling some songs were cut because she was late? Girrrrl,
Is she still performing shortened versions of Maria, ANOM and Twice? That annoyed me so much when attending the X Tour because you're jamming to the tune and singing along to every lyrics, then after only one verse next thing you know she moved on to another song and the concert felt like it was literally cut short.
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 46

There were no cameras around right? :shook:
Jamert
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 1

I definitely like what I have seen and probably today will be even better. However, she has said multiple times that this was a "once in a lifetime" event that she "always dreamed of". So, in that context, the setlist is a huge wasted opportunity to showcase at least a couple songs like I Am or Welcome, since this was the only moment to make justice to the album versions..
Luv2LuvUxxx
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty

Not really excited about the set list but at least she brought the looks and vocals.

I really wish we got a brand new cover and Hurt with the orchestra though.
dirrtyzombie
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 5

Rum+Vodka wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:50 am
Kitana wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:23 am
Franzjoseph wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:21 am he ruins every falsetto moment omfg
He’s almost overdoing it purposely because everyone is telling him to pipe down. What a child.
He was an asshole. it's one thing to sing loud and ugly and annoying as fuck while live streaming it's another to ruin moments with yelling "fuck you" and "fuck you. sorry" like you have no goddamn sense over and over again and talk over moments.
I agree, I get that they didn't have to stream but that's exactly it...he didn't have to stream if he was gonna be such an asshole. Madamxtinafan seemed like they were totally caught up in the moment and just having a great time. But Aguileraonline was such a dick about it. I watched madamxtinafan with all the glitches instead, Mostly because of Aguileraonlines attitude. Totally get it if you are there and just wanna "feel this moment" then do that don't be fighting with people in the comments 🙄🙄🙄
Jodybrock
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

But also where was this well thought out, theatrical, story telling set list she spoke of? I’m honestly baffled. It started so promising with at last but then #billionaires
dirrtyzombie
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

This was not an Xtina tour for fans.
This was an Xtina concert to remind people she's that bitch. Yes she's taken her time over the years releasing the hits, but she put some Liberation in there, some new arrangements, and did some covers masterfully.

In one stream someone in the crowd was saying they were there 50% because of the symphony and 50% because of Xtina. In another stream someone was saying in the background they forgot Xtina had so many hits. I can guarantee these people left the show seeing X in a new light. And they gonna tell their mother, their brother, their sister and their friends

These are moves she is making to get back into the spotlight after sitting in a red spinning chair and becoming the villain for years and years.

Just be patient with her, new things are coming. She's working on two albums. Her looks and voice are slaying. She's an aging pop star in an incredibly ageist industry, cut her some slack.

Honestly going through that 6 year break after Lotus, anything she does at this point is a bonus to me. If you are wanting more you should prob find a different pop star with more to prove.
Donatello
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 4

saxysoul wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:21 am Great vocals and looks!

Setlist and connection with orchestra? A bit underwhelming.
It's a bit of a missed opportunity really, here she is, performing with the LA Phil, yet there was hardly any interaction between her and Gustavo or the orchestra.
Where were the nice instrumental verses with solos, for example?
It added a beautiful background effect, but all that really happened were some interludes and 'fuller' scores to existing live performances.
They could have done much more with this.

I was hoping for a sound of music cover when she mentioned july andrews, or some Eartha Kitt/Billie Holiday/Dinah Washington/Nina Simone/Ella Fitzgerald.

And where were those tim burton references?

I loved At Last, Contigo and WAGW!
Agree.
Gurl, you have a full orchestra behind you and you do a raegge version of wagw? Srsly??! Only one song (genie) got a new arrangement? I cant believe this bitch. At least vocals were great!
Tommy_Tank
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 7

I don’t feel quite so bad having missed this now.

The set list. My god.

She looks beautiful though.
ClairBoyant
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 7

Is there any hope that night 2 will feature a different setlist? lol

Maybe they could then blend the 2 night together for the special/documentary so it’s a balance of hits as well as stuff that would make more sense w/ an orchestra.

The setlist as-is doesn’t really allow for much chemistry between her and the orchestra. What a wasted opportunity SMH
KevinKardashian
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 29

https://www.instagram.com/mc_soph/

Someone save her manager's stories.

She said night 1 is SOLD OUT!
"I’m a genie in a bottle, you don’t wanna rub me the wrong way!" ~ Christina Aguiilera's tagline for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Yummy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Sophie that bitch is such a liar. There were no professional recording.
KevinKardashian
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

What did you guys expect her to sing, though? Beyonce's discography?
"I’m a genie in a bottle, you don’t wanna rub me the wrong way!" ~ Christina Aguiilera's tagline for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Supernova.
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 15

I didn’t realise her earring flew out her ear when she was singing IAMW. She exploded her own jewellery. She sounds so much better on these videos people have uploaded, I can hear her much clearer. She sounds amazing, but girl I can’t trust a word she says, she’s trolled me for 20 years now and I still fall for it. The set list was not epic, she literally did those exact songs on her last 2 tours except contigo and at last. still, she looked and sounded amazing.
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 38

Yummy wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:30 am Sophie that bitch is such a liar. There were no professional recording.
the professional recording was the one displayed on the screen :manson:
Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
KevinKardashian
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Yummy wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:30 am Sophie that bitch is such a liar. There were no professional recording.
Technically, she replied, "yes," to two questions, "is this the new era? Will this be recorded?"
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 38

KevinKardashian wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:04 am https://www.instagram.com/mc_soph/

Someone save her manager's stories.

She said night 1 is SOLD OUT!

and all RocNation people in charge

Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
Jaquis
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

I agree with much of the sentiments here. This was a chance for her to have her fans reimagine some of her recordings and hear her deliver performances in a way we never have before. It sounded very similar to the Experience, which is sad as this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I would have even preferred to hear more covers than some of these songs that she trots out ever so often.
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 39

People keeping saying she could’ve pleased her fans with the set list not realizing that was not the goal.
Lana Del Rey
Giftence
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 11

I think there is always room for compromise. I mean 2 unexpected choices would be enough to please fans and the rest could be same hits. Methinks WAGW and Lady Marmalade/SS could be easily replaced with something like Birds of Prey and Blank Page (some fan choices as Bionic and Lotus were completely ignored).
I can not complain as I haven't bought a ticket tho :love:
Like I Do
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 4

Leon
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 8

There were 17k people there of which maybe 1k knew that setlist by heart? It wasn't solely for us. A nice re-intro to a lot of people.
BYC
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 21

I’m very happy for Queen. Like most of you, I imagined the set list would be different but honestly I don’t even mind it when she looks and sounds as great as she seemed to last night. I’ve seen a few clips and hopefully more will come in but it seems like everyone enjoyed. She tried something different with Genie and I thought that sounded awesome. It was also nice to see her do At Last again. Have we even heard that from her since Ettas funeral? If both of these shows are sold out I have no doubt that they will ask her back. The highlight for me is how clear her vocals are. I stan that voice above anything else.
Silence.
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

Hey y'all, anyone have a link for the full thing?
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 41

I thought there were going to be more GIAB moments with the songs reimagined and one new cover or a song she never performed live before like she performed “I’m OK” live for the first time during VH1’s Storytellers. This was the Liberation Tour mixed with the Stripped Tour. She looked and sounded great tho. I watched Mary J. Blige’s Hollywood Bowl from 2019 and it looked like her regular show tho. She needs to continue to get herself out there tho, so she can be a touring act again. This was a great opportunity for her. She looked like Billie Holiday, just gorgeous.